The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh choice.. It dry well and can be used for months there after.. You can find bushels of it. Notice one of the pictures it all over the on wood... Best if you could go with someone to show you for sure so you don't ingest something you think is Honey Fungus and it's a poison mushroom.. Once you see it you won't forget it.. Main thing is if you took one of the caps and laid it on a black piece of construction paper and the white spore transferred to it .. You would know for sure that it's Honey Fungus.. Please go on a foray with mushroom club close to you.. The forays are all open to the public and they will show you for sure what to look for in the Fall..Contact me via P. M. if you want me to give you a shroom club close to you..

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like you can go on a foray with the club near Penn State or the eastern Pa mushroomers.. You probably have to travel to the Harrisburg area for that..Dauphin county or maybe Perry county...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Uncle buck, did you find those this year? if so I need to get out. i've been waiting for my shaggy manes to come up also. love those honey mushrooms, we also call them stumpies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Found a ton of ringless honeys this year, but from everything I read, they are prone to give most bad gastrointestinal issues. Anyone have any experience with them?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Found a few two weeks ago, and a bunch yesterday. After this weeks rain in NEPA we should be hammering the sheepshead and stumpies.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
People will get sick if they use the water they cook the Honey Fungus in.The shroom should not get you sick. However like any food some people could get sick. But they would be allergic to it. Like crab, beef, peanut butter etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts