The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
get yourself a can of mustard powder mix with stale beer ina small jar to a consistancy of a milkshake add a little veggie oil on top but dont mix put on lid and turn over. let oil work its way to top and turn over again and do it again after a couple of days of doing this mix well.if you like horseradish try this recipe friends will not believe it is not horseradish.word of caution,sample in small doses ive seen tough guys go down thinking they can handle a teaspoon of this good luck

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not a clue what the oil does but ill bet it doesnt sweeten it up ive used oil packed in hot peppers and it seemed to make it hotter otherwise just telling it like gramps made it

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have a number of variations that I do on that.

I start with Colman's Dry Mustard:

I use either beer, white wine or light cream. In order those create variable "snap" with the latter being the most civil.

I also will mix either home dug and ground horseradish or dry horseradish powder which has a tendency to --in the words of Emeril Lagasse---kick it up a notch

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
hmmm. is this like dipping mustard you get in the store? or is it like spicy mustard?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this mustard people swear is horseradish and usually comes out very spicy i use it for a base mustard and add other mustards to calm it down a bit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts