The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Homeland Security put together a 3 minute video with ingenious ideas of how one might protect themselves if a gunman is about to do you in. Some ideas... grab some scissors, hide under a desk and run.

“If you are caught out in the open and cannot conceal yourself or take cover, you might consider trying to overpower the shooter with whatever means are available,” says the narrator in the video, which shows an office worker pulling scissors out of a desk drawer.

DUCK AND CUTTER: A Homeland Security video shows these scenes as helpful advice to workers on what to do if a mass killer strikes their office — grab any weapon at hand, and hide under a desk.

The video, titled “Options for Consideration,” also advises that people who get caught in an “active shooter” situation should run away, hide under a desk or take cover out of the line of fire.
Source

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
hey... a guy just robbed a starrbucks up here with scissors
150 yards away is the police department

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
And I can cite many, many examples of how hiding under a desk or a table can pretty much seal your fate. When a gunman walks into a "gun free zone" and everyone simply hides under a desk, they are sitting ducks, just waiting for the shooter to find them and pull the trigger...

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Homeland Security is wack to begin with........on Fox they showed the video prior to this from a few years ago, it was distributed to all HS employees, and it said that your first choice should always be to take cover, or flee....even their armed agents, who told them they thought it would be a much better idea if they engaged the perps.....

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
SOOOO, I wonder how much the Tax-Payer Tab was to develope this wonder of Wisdom???? These simple plans will undoubtly save....no lives....

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
At no point did they say, "to those of you with a concealed weapon, engage the target...with intent..."

Instead, the theme is as a sheep, to hide and wait for "the trained authorities" to arrive.

Me personally, I don't dial 911, or wait for someone "better trained" than I. If I'm present in a situation like the video shows, I will be ready, and the shooter has a surprise coming to them.

I'm hoping someone video-shops this video and says, "If you are armed, save many lives and do your civic duty.." With the same drone voice as the narrator.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
lanchestercounty said:
run with the points up or down?
Now I'm allowed to run with scissors? So momma was wrong all this time?

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Most people in this country are sheep, and like sheep, when a predator strikes they lie down and accept their fate. Maybe its a good thing that they say take cover, that way they won;t get in the way when those of us who will react start the counterattack. Nothing worse than a bunch of hysterical idiots running around getting in the line of sight.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
Grandpap trapper said:
I guess scissors are now the new assault weapons.
DHS will now refer to scissors as PDW's.... Personal Defense Weapons...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts