The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Very nice, looks awesome. If I ever get my garage done I'd love to make one like that.

·
Registered
322 Posts
holey cow your not messing around. That is very nice. I always wanted to build something like that at camp just to cook out on. Very very nice
Mike

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Very nice Sniper. Have you heated it yet? My guess is that it should be easy to hold temps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. And no I haven't heated it yet. I'm going to build a small fire in it today to get it ready for tomorrow's turkey.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
DETAILS PLEASE
inquiring minds want to KNOW!

What do you have for baffles to help regulate the temp? where did you source the doors? that thing is BAD...i'm seriously jealous and can't wait till my bonus checks come in for my patio next year - I think i'm gonna source a bunch more bricks than I actually need LOL

·
Banned
10,667 Posts
wow what a awesome smoker...that is sweet. great job. did you use a striker on those joints?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a spin draft on the bottom door and I just slide a piece of metal over the chimney to regulate the heat. For the doors we got a local metal shop to cut them out of 3/16 steel and we welded hinges on. The door frames are made out of old bed rail. I got the idea from this... Smoker. But I made it a little taller than his. I did use a striker on the joints.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts