The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My niece, who is a parole officer and carries a Glock22 in 9mm on the job, ask me what would be a nice handgun to have at her home for PP. Knowing little about what is available, what would you guys suggest? I know she would like something with about the same feel.

As I was typing this I'm wondering why she just doesn't use her service piece, maybe she just wants to get something else.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i would stay with the glock if that is what she is carrying.
not to be smart but the glock 22 is a .40 cal not 9mm, to save everyone else from yelling at you..lol
tell her to go to a shop and hold a few to se what she likes. may I recomend the glock 23, a compact .40 cal but still has a feel of the larger full size. still able to be concealed but you have the feel and accuracy of the full size models.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Her 9mm would be fine with hollow points in them.A shotgun would be fine also.If she lives in a apt my suggestion would be a shotgun.Last thing you want is a bullet going threw the walls and striking someone else.357 mag 40 cal 45 cal,38 all fine guns.Just know your limitations and use hollow points.My self i carry a taurus pt99 in 9mm in the truck,And a remington 870 12 ga in the house.And also a ruger blackhawk 357 mag hanging next to the bed.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Why buy anything different than what she is use to? She would have to be aware of bullets going thru walls 'n such if she lives in an apartment complex or condo unit. Even a house if they are close together.

Frangible ammo is available though.

Dave

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
how about this, tell her to get one of her parolees to make her a zip gun and a shank.that should take care of any situation.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Perhaps she would want to go with the Sub compact glock in the same caliber with the same sights that she currently has on her carry gun. It is smaller, easier to hide, and will provide her with the same sight picture and sight alinment that she is use to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts