The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This winters project has been to refinish the basement, in doing so I thought there had to be a better way than corners to keep skis and stuff. Hit the interweb and found a few pics and built this.

I did it with 1" boards and 3/4 dowels. I had everything but the dowels. I got the boards from a hutch I built for a small desk my daughter used, that has been since trashed and the hutch doesnt fit anything else, and had the brackets leftover from a shelf job. 2 - 1"x12"x54", wood glue, drill, 3/4 wood boring bit, 5 - 1 1/4" sheetrock screws, 4 bracket screws, 4 - 2" deck screws to hold it to studs, Honestly, 2 hours, but the boards were already stained. I stained the dowels and polyed them after 1/2 hr. The dowels are 1/2 inch apart, and there is 10" center to center between sets.

In retrospect, a 2x8 for the back wall part would have worked better, but it was a idea that I came up with and whipped together with mostly stuff on hand.

I will have to lay the boots down when I get the drop ceiling in, but my skis only clear the floor by 3 in so I dont want to go lower.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
If the drop ceiling is in the way of the boots you can make a similar shelf for the boots.
Looks good

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put the laser on it and found out where the bottom of the drop ceiling will be. Dropped the rack 2.5 in and we should be clear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts