The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has put them on a pump rifle. I have used a redfield 2x7 wideangle for years but always have had trouble when driving, just figured with a reddot or holosight type sight i could get on em fast. Your opinions on these style of sights would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Never had one on a pump rifle, but if you are going the red dot or holo route AimPoint or EOTech is the way to go. I like the reticle on the EoTech better but the AimPoint has much better battery life. Both of the sights are very tough, and will take almost anything you will dish out.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
x2 - I find the Field of View a little better in the EoTech's as well.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Had a bushnell holosight on a pump remington. Fast to get on close deer even running. I didn't take the shots cause the deer weren't legal ones but could have if they were. 3 things: Batteries, got to have a spare set with you in case. They sit higher than a scope so you can't put your head down tight to the stock and see through them. And the dots are 3 or 4 MOA I believe, meaning the dot will cover 3 or 4 inches at 100 yds so I found it hard to get the 1-2 inch groups I'm used to when sighting in. For a fast 75 yd shot or less, can't be beat. For rugged use I'd go with the EOtech, but I did use my bushnell in some pretty bad conditions without any problems

·
Banned
652 Posts
Buy the Eotech it has a 1 moa dot, nice field of veiw and durable, if your looking for scope accuracy at over 75 yards a scope would be a better choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts