The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam probly going to do a pig hunt this summer and was wanting to see some mounts before i went and had one done. Thanks

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Here he is,got em a couple years ago,weighed about 225 on the hoof.They are very tasty! Have fun. I had one chare me,that is why I got this guy looking so angry.

·
Registered
432 Posts
good looking hogs, guys. Ive been wanting to go on a hog hunt for a couple years now. I think this year is calling me.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
You won't find much variation in the pose. Most are facing straight out. I think you can get it turned slightly to the left or right, but that's about it. The summer may be a difficult time for a mount. Normmally, during the winter, the pigs "hair up" and make a better mount. During the summer, the pigs try to stay cool and roll in mud. When that dries it becomes itchy so they rub up against trees. Therefore leaving parts almost bald. Females tend to have a longer snout and make for an uglier = better mount. Let's face it . . . there is nothing pretty about these things.

·
Registered
946 Posts
The thing about hog mounts is that they are a lot like Pam Anderson. They are nice to look at but very little of it is original equipment. For a good hog mount, just worry about the hide. All the rest, eyes, nose, mouth, and teeth are all synthetic. You can work with the taxidermist to make it as close to the real animal as possible. My hog got a little makeup to turn the nose from brown to black, and a nice new long set of Noonkester cutters.

V

1 - 17 of 17 Posts