The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to hunt wild hogs in January in SC or Georgia. Don't want preserve hunting. Will be hunting with a 10mm and 44 mag pistol. Any suggestions on outfitters? Thanks

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
No deer hunting in SC in January, season goes out Jan 1st.

Deerfield Plantation is another option, although no night hunting there.

·
Registered
18,620 Posts
Do not go with South Carolina Trophy Hunters in SC.

·
Registered
870 Posts
We hunted with Cypress Creek Hunting Lodge in SC back in February at the Wild Things Camp. The good thing about the Wild Things Camp is that it was originally a bow only hunt before they opened it to firearms so they now have stands both at distance and right on top of the feeders.

If I can give you any advice it would 100% be to hunt from the evening into the dark until midnight don’t even bother with a morning hunt. The guys who set up our trip did not listen to the guide’s advise from the year before and scheduled the trip for a morning and evening hunt which resulted in us leaving the stands just after dark right when the pigs showed up on the first day.

The one guy had a bit of light to shoot while my brother had to one hand his 300 win mag while holding the flash light in the other. We switched over to a night hunt for the last two days but the second night was a torrential downpour with thunder and lightning so nobody saw anything. The last night was a full moon and so when we packed up to leave around 11 the pigs started to come out and two guys got their pigs and one missed right after the first guy was picked up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts