The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a fun trip catching couple dozen nice crabs each day. One unexpected thing was blowfish unexpectedly showing up in our T-120 Topless traps!! They’re outstanding eating!! Skin them like a squirrel then pan fry. Been years since the Atlantic blowfish were caught in this area. A sure sign of improved water conditions.

·
Premium Member
24,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I always steam whole crab(uncleaned) in a seafood steamer. Only takes a few minutes with crabs done when shells turn orange.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Had a fun trip catching couple dozen nice crabs each day. One unexpected thing was blowfish unexpectedly showing up in our T-120 Topless traps!! They’re outstanding eating!! Skin them like a squirrel then pan fry. Been years since the Atlantic blowfish were caught in this area. A sure sign of improved water conditions.
A buddy of mine showed me a pic from when they put 72 blowfish into his boat in one day about a month ago. Barnegat Bay. Member had thrm but I love crab and crabbing, lots of fun.

·
Premium Member
24,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A buddy of mine showed me a pic from when they put 72 blowfish into his boat in one day about a month ago. Barnegat Bay. Member had thrm but I love crab and crabbing, lots of fun.
Yep agree...between fillet of blowfish & lump crab meat I'll opt for crab every time!!:smile2:

·
Premium Member
24,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gonna get down to my place for a few days to winterize outboard etc so may throw a few traps & see what's happening. One year I caught crabs week before Christmas.

·
Premium Member
24,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Whaler!! Looking fwd to giving it a try!!

·
Registered
18,217 Posts
nice pics Loggy. sounds delicious...go have fun and enjoy yourself. stay safe so we can argue politics some more :)

Reactions: Loggy

·
Premium Member
24,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Caught tail end of incoming tide on Tuesday and caught 2 doz nice Jimmies. All were loaded with meat. Should dewinterize boat as the locals were hammering stripers. Boat mech had to order a trailer leaf spring bracket so have another excuse for another end of season trip early next week!:smile2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts