The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the commercial for it the other day kinda briefly while I was at the gym and can't find anything on it other than its supposed to air on April 11th. Has anyone else heard anything about it? It looked like they were shooting deer in the suburbs somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,576 Posts
Some information I found on the internet.

Season One, Episode 1: Welcome To Deer Camp

Episode Synopsis: A rookie hunter aims big in the opener of this series, in which a group of blue-collar men are paid to hunt deer in wealthy Connecticut suburbs.

Original Air Date: Apr 11, 2013 10:00 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,998 Posts
Can't wait to see the stereotypes they load into this show. After duck dynasty I can see a bunch of these shows popping up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the commercial it showed the one guy dragging a deer through the front yard of a very big house. It also showed where I'm assuming a deer finally died on the persons pool cover. I agree, it will be interesting to see how they portray hunters. I also wonder if they'll show the kill shots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,368 Posts
burninghxcsoul said:
On the commercial it showed the one guy dragging a deer through the front yard of a very big house. It also showed where I'm assuming a deer finally died on the persons pool cover. I agree, it will be interesting to see how they portray hunters. I also wonder if they'll show the kill shots.


Yes just read that also. Can't wait to see it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,051 Posts
Any bets on whether or not you see a deer die in someones yard, while the wife begins puking in the background while she attempt to hide her kids eyes! That would be worth watching, imo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,391 Posts
Another absolute crap show from the liberal media to make ALL HUNTERS look like fools and inconsiderate tools. I know one guy who won't be watching it...this guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
good ole boy said:
Hunter8319 said:
If it's half as staged as Duck Dynasty I won't be watching it either.
I agree 100%.Nothing can be any worse than the Duck Dumbbells.
Never saw Wanted: Ted or Alive , huh?
Can't get dumber or more egotistical that that one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
This show is going to enrage property owners more than it will educate them. Yes there is a need to hunt in situations like this, but come on really the previews showed me enough. Dragging deer through the front yard, deer on the pool cover, great guys way to go. Hope the show does a better representation of hunting and land owner relationship than the previews.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,617 Posts
GOOSE 16 said:
This show is going to enrage property owners more than it will educate them. Yes there is a need to hunt in situations like this, but come on really the previews showed me enough. Dragging deer through the front yard, deer on the pool cover, great guys way to go. Hope the show does a better representation of hunting and land owner relationship than the previews.
Problem is that from what I heard it does represent the sad reality that our hobby/sport is loaded with enough idiots to make the whole thing look bad in the eyes of non hunters. I don't hunt with anyone but when I talk with other hunters at my place of employment and other times I probably hear just as much unethical as ethical hunting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
JetMaxx said:
GOOSE 16 said:
This show is going to enrage property owners more than it will educate them. Yes there is a need to hunt in situations like this, but come on really the previews showed me enough. Dragging deer through the front yard, deer on the pool cover, great guys way to go. Hope the show does a better representation of hunting and land owner relationship than the previews.
Problem is that from what I heard it does represent the sad reality that our hobby/sport is loaded with enough idiots to make the whole thing look bad in the eyes of non hunters. I don't hunt with anyone but when I talk with other hunters at my place of employment and other times I probably hear just as much unethical as ethical hunting.

+1 some real nuts in this state in the woods. Some will do anything to shoot a deer. My sister lives in town a guy got out by her mail box and shot 3 timesat a buck running up the road. If someone would have came around the turn in a vehicle, it may not have been good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
I think the show will be fair and show how land owners are very happy to cull the herd. Potter County might have a couple deer per square mile but these suburbs have hundreds of deer per square mile.

Plus they have hundreds of car accidents a year with fatalities. I think this will portray a good service being done by responsible hunters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,617 Posts
Let's hope so. The LO's that I deal with in a suburban setting are happy to have me help with the deer problem. But I am super cautious with what I do, often sacrificing gimme bow kills for the sake of the direction the 60 yd death run will take them. My worst nightmare is having a dead deer in an unknowing neighbor's backyard/flower bed/pool.
 
1 - 20 of 114 Posts
Top