The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Mr Franklin the right man for the job at this time in PSU football history?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Would you rather have a coach who did nothing or a coach who was away on vacation and immediately booted the accused off the team upon his return to campus?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
My understadning is he acted quickly when he heard about the incient by kicking 5 guys off the team. Seems rational and appropriate.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You bet he is. And I fully agree with the article above. Penn state deserves this. As soon as the ncaa sanctions are lifted PSU WILL BE A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH. A solid program a good quarterback and now a good coach. Even all the hatred cant destroy psu

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I see PSU is still all about football and everything else just happens. They did not learn the lesson and sanctions should not be reduced. just my observation.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
RIZ said:
I see PSU is still all about football and everything else just happens. They did not learn the lesson and sanctions should not be reduced. just my observation.
Better clean your glasses or get your eyes checked.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
RIZ said:
What, specifically, do you see occuring at Penn State that makes you believe this?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Some of Franklin's players are accused of rape. Emails from the coaches are being subpoenaed. He may be totally inicent but PSU goes and hires him anyway. what happens if down the line 1 of his coaches tried to fix it for the players. Is this not why PSU would not even talk to Bradley? PSU needs to be hyper-sensitive about anything that may tarnish their image. But No! They go out and do what is best for FOOTBALL. I see not 1 PSU fan objected to this hiring. May of the professors have written letters and OPED pieces stating this exact issue. Many in the media nation wide have also expressed concern that PSU is taking a risk that is not worth it. I hope Franklin is totally cleared but why take the chance he isn't, when PSU has so much to lose if he ain't.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
I'm betting PSU's admins and legal council had a ton of communication with LE and such from Vandy. I'm pretty sure they covered their butts. Some people wouldn't be happy if PSU hired the Good Lord himself. I hear what you're saying, but the hiring of a football coach is usually a decision that is made for the best of football, right? They didn't hire Franklin to be president, they hired him for the best interests of the football program.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
At least five candidates were vetted and had interviews for the job. All five had their advocates and detractors among. Once JF was selected and he agreed to the job, the fan base rallied around him as they did for O'Brian. That's what loyal fans and alumni do.

Not really surprising that folks who have agendas will be vocal. One radical feminist assoc. prof decided she wanted to get her two minutes of fame. The same for a certain sports journalist wanna be who wrote about a conversation he had with O'Brian while O'Brian was in a car ride from Pittsburgh to State College. O'Brian has been walking back his comments the past two days on various ESPN radio shows. I don't think either of those folks (or opposing fans for that matter) want what is best for PSU football.

I was reading a series of comments on an OSU message board about Larry Johnson Sr. possible becoming OSU's defensive line coach. When the possibility of him be hired surfaced, the OSU were beside themselves about how horrible it would be to hire him and how OSU was so much better that that. After 11 pages of comments and it was announced Johnson was hired, Johnson was the greatest coach in the world and how brilliant Meyers was to hire him. Quite funny to follow the transition from villain to hero.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Well, the District Attorney has stated, on the record, that there is absolutely nothing to implicate Franklin in this case. I also read, and heard Joyner say during the press conference, that the search committee took their recomendation for the hiring to Senator Mitchell, in order to get his "approval" before moving forward. As you recall, Senator Mitchell is the athletics integrity monitor that the NCAA chose to monitor all the changes that are to take place after the Sandusky scandal. Apparently, Franklin passed the test for Mitchell, but not for you.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I just looked it up. James Franklin was hired as Head Football Coach.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Washpa Randy said:
Apparently, Franklin passed the test for Mitchell, but not for you.
No horse in the race. Just a valid question in the shadows of PSU shame.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
No PSU shame at all. Shame is on those involved, and those only.

PSU stands taller and brighter than it ever has.

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">WE ARE....</span></span>

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Exactly, how long are those not involved with the scumbags supposed to continue to apologize? Name me one FBS coach that has never had a player arrested. Franklin is a good hire, time to move on and bring PSU back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts