The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I use a peep sight on my bow but have been looking into trying out a hind sight as an alternative to the peep sight. I was wondering if any of you use this system or have tried it out and what you think of it?

I had lasik surgery about 5 yrs ago and notice that low light situations are sometimes just a bit tougher than before, granted I love having the lasik done. Just looking for some insight before I go spend some money on one to try on my rig.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thats what I have read. Just went to their website and it seems pretty legit. I think I am gonna jump on the wagon of "no peep"

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
You can use a peep, but practice at dusk. Shoot with both eyes open and line the string up with the pin. The string will be blurry when your looking through. You will only be off an inch at 40 yards.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I could be an old dog.....actually, I AM an old dog....but I hated the hind sight. I found it extremely awkward to get lined up. I put in a low-light peep on my string and if I can't find my pin and a deer looking through it, then I can't see any of it without a peep,either.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I can see your points but I do like the other advantages as well. Things such as eliminating torque, not being lined up perfectly with the center of the peep and the pin, also the fact that it is one less thing on your string. One would have to try it out to see if it is for them or not. I say if you try it and like it then go for it otherwise stick to the peep.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
PAXTHunter said:
Yeah, thats what I have read. Just went to their website and it seems pretty legit. I think I am gonna jump on the wagon of "no peep"
Before you jump on the no-peep bandwagon you may want to look at the Anchor Sight. Essentially the same concept but a far better product IMO.

·
Registered
582 Posts
cmgeese said:
I put in a low-light peep on my string and if I can't find my pin and a deer looking through it, then I can't see any of it without a peep,either.
cmgeese.....what kind of peep do you have that qualifies for a "low-light peep"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts