The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Our camp is above Hillsgrove. We have been up there since the early 60s' . Deer populations are very low . Lots of state forest to roam . Good trout streams . I was up this past weekend to 4 inches of snow . Good luck to you.....Finn

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I'll echo what Finn Anthony has said. It's a beautiful area. The bear population has taken a big hit with more than 10 years of the extended season. It takes 10 days now to harvest the numbers we traditionally got in the 3 day season.
The area along the Loyalsock Creek and it's tributaries got hit pretty hard with flooding over the past two years, so do some research. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
I am on the other side of the county from Hillsgrove. We do very well especially during archery. I have a 13 yr. old and a 16 year old and between them they have 5 bucks and 6 doe, and right now because of sports they only hunt the 1st 2 days of rifle. Sgl 13 has been good to me, so has 142 and 36 which are right overe the county line in Bradford county.We are seeing more and more bear especially during the early archery season. Turkey and grouse are excellent. I also have friends from work who hunt the Loyalsock state forest around Forksville, and they do well also, but like us, most of the deer they kill in rifle are patterned during the archery season.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
We have a cabin south of Dushore along the Loyalsock just off rt220. Can't give you much info on the hunting because the cabin isn't used much for that. We do take advantage of the many trout streams and find the fishing productive. More importantly, the area is easy to relax in, and that is one of the primary goals of having a cabin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.