The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link

Lord,I don't ask much of you. But please let Peyton Hillis become a Pittsburgh Steeler next year--he would be the perfect back for the Steelers, since his style is what is known as real Steeler Football.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Would love to see Hillis in black and gold.
Then we can cut Mendenhall and the browns can pick him up the way they always grab our cast-offs, and then silverback and woodley can take out there frustrations on Rashard twice a year for the superbowl loss.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonder if the Browns would consider a straight up trade of Hillis for Spinderella?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I know they do dumb things but that would just be stupid on there part. What if we sweetend the deal and gave them Gay as well? It would be like christmas came early.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I can see it now, gay ends up covering mike wallace, gives him a 30 yard cushion, wallace catches a pass, gay comes up to make the tackle, and gets knocked out cold by a block from heinz ward. I could die a happy man. I know it sounds harsh, would never really want anyone to get hurt,but I think I am gonna develop an ulcer if I have to watch him play CB much longer.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If need be, I'd keep Gay but toss in Kemo and an experienced OC.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since Hillis isn't signed after this year, it's not totally out of the question. They would be getting at least something for him. If they don't trade, they risk getting nothing.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heck, we gave up Santonio for a 5th rounder and a bag of balls. And look at the song and dance we got Bettis for.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
buckhunter said:
yeah they can have kemo, mendenhall, and gay for hillis, and I'll take up a collection and pay them to take arians.
The remarkable thing about it is that we could go old school and have Ben call his own plays and be better off.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
buckhunter said:
yeah they can have kemo, mendenhall, and gay for hillis, and I'll take up a collection and pay them to take arians.
I''m not sure they'd be that dumb. He used to be Cleveland's OC. One thing I have learned going through my divorce is to not take your trash back.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
No way the Browns let him go now they have Holmgren running the show. Before Holmgren I'd say yeah but not now. Although it is nice to dream of seeing Hillis in black and gold instead of pumpkin and baby pooh.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Not interested in Hillis. He's just a bigger and slower version of Mendenhall. He can't keep the ball off the ground. I'd rather keep Mendenhall than aqcuire Hillis. We have Redman for the short yardage.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Danesdad said:
Agreed. Hillis is a pedestrian, dime-a-dozen back.
So is Spinderella. But Hillis works better with Steeler Football. Maybe if he comes here, Bettis could work with him on 3 points of pressure.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Danesdad said:
Agreed. Hillis is a pedestrian, dime-a-dozen back.
So is Spinderella. But Hillis works better with Steeler Football. Maybe if he comes here, Bettis could work with him on 3 points of pressure.
Steeler football isn't what it used to be. They now have a quarterback than can run an offense. You may just have to change with the team instead of insisting that they continue to do what you want them to. They are NOT set up to run the ball. They have a terrible O line. No back in the league would be successful on a consistant basis behind that line. Not even AP.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Exactly Dennis, it has been and will continue to be a pass first league, it used to be run to set up the pass now its the opposite.Some people just don't like change.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts