The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
For hiking on paved trails for exercise, I use hiking athletic shoes. For warm weather in the woods , I have some military desert boots. I saved some boots from waders for hunting in warmer weather.
Never found a pair of insulated leather boots for the South, so I finally bought some winter gaiters. Will work good for my hiking partner this winter. She doesn't have winter hiking boots, so the gaiter will provide some lower leg and ankle protection. Will be good as backup on any winter trips north.
I have two pair of rubber winter insulated boots for hunting.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Cabelas Meindels Perfekt Light Hiker..
Absolutely great stable boot for hard hiking..
Uninsulated, leather boots, stiff soles..
I put miles and miles on them training and hunting CO..
I have 2 pair of them..
My wife, bro in law, and cousin all wear same boot now also hiking and hunting..

·
Registered
982 Posts
I use Asolo. Have about 600 miles on them and still can go another couple hundred. Very comfortable. A have already bought another pair to slowly break them in for my thru hike on the AT in 17. Great ankle support.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
BugleChaser said:
Cabelas Meindels Perfekt Light Hiker..
Absolutely great stable boot for hard hiking..
Uninsulated, leather boots, stiff soles..
I put miles and miles on them training and hunting CO..
I have 2 pair of them..
My wife, bro in law, and cousin all wear same boot now also hiking and hunting..
Ditto!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I am clinging to a pair of 19 year old Italian Vasque Sundowners, the ultimate lightweight 3 season hiking boot. Sad to hear they are now made in China.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts