The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think today is the day that I find Mr. Fox waiting for me in my trap.....as soon as the boy is on the bus its time to find out !

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I feel your disappointment,trying to get my son his first one and no luck so far.We'll be putting more out after muzzy season ends Saturday

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I am a fox trapper who's only fox catch this season has been a mangeball red. I still have about 12 days left of season and wonder if I will catch another and wether it will be a mangeball or a healthy one. I've also caught 2 possums LOL.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
FTW, I am sorry to hear about your season thus far. What the heck happened, once upon a time you were catching a ton of fox?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 4 dirt hole sets out with hawbakers red fox urine , a drop of gland lure and pros choice for bait at 2 at one all the same but the bait is cavins and the last all the same but evanesance for bait..... I also have 2 hay sets with urine gland lure and bait... and last I found a urine post on field corner set it with a splash of urine on top of his....

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Nittany Lion said:
FTW, I am sorry to hear about your season thus far. What the heck happened, once upon a time you were catching a ton of fox?
The only thing I can think of is pressure from coyotes driving the foxes to live in suburban areas, and the few foxes left are the smartest ones. I have 2 locations set right now that in the past I'd catch a fox every couple of days between them, with the 2 weeks of deer season being pretty much no foxes due to the gut piles, so I would pop the traps at location 2. Location 1 used to give up 12-16 a season, location 2 15-19 a season.

·
Registered
932 Posts
foxtrapperwoman said:
Location 1 used to give up 12-16 a season, location 2 15-19 a season.
Maybe they shifted one way or another.
Do you trap any of the adjacent farms / properties?
Is it the same at these locations?

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I have trapped a property across the road from location 2, and the foxes travel there even less. BTW the general area there is right against an interstate so should always be a funnel spot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts