The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
4,077 Posts
John S said:
We shouldn't have to worry about the balance of left and right on the court, they should all be neutral on political leanings and committed to upholding the intent of the founders.
Until the members are no longer appointed by a politician, court members will always have political leanings.

I wonder what the make up of the first SCOTUS was? Party affiliation? Were they appointed by the President?

·
Registered
96 Posts
the first justices was appointed by distrist ..that is was appointed form the part of the country that was being represented..

for info...the supreme court since 1958 has hadin the majority appointted by republican presidents...6 out of the 9 nine on the court was appointted by Ragen and Bush and Bush...2 by Clinton one by Obomana...

i would like to know which five voted for and which 4 was against..

to see who appointed them..

·
Registered
96 Posts
it appears that they are saying we can all own guns in our homes..but states have a right to make laws that are even for everyone..so long as it does not denie the citizens the right to own and have a gun..they did not use the 14th amendment for just cause..as they did before..

·
Banned
2,139 Posts
rebel said:
the first justices was appointed by distrist ..that is was appointed form the part of the country that was being represented..

for info...the supreme court since 1958 has hadin the majority appointted by republican presidents...6 out of the 9 nine on the court was appointted by Ragen and Bush and Bush...2 by Clinton one by Obomana...

i would like to know which five voted for and which 4 was against..

to see who appointed them..
Here ya go, Rebel. Always happy to help others become edjumakated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Justices_of_the_Supreme_Court_of_the_United_States

·
Registered
12,090 Posts
Let us not forget the example of Earl Warren, appointed by that paragon of liberalism, Dwight D. Eisenhower. Then there was John Souter, appointed by the elder Bush, also some sorta closet commielib, apparently?

Pretty sure we're overdue for a justice appointed by an actual lefty, that turns towards the right during their tenure on the court?

·
Banned
2,139 Posts
DennyF said:
Let us not forget the example of Earl Warren, appointed by that paragon of liberalism, Dwight D. Eisenhower. Then there was John Souter, appointed by the elder Bush, also some sorta closet commielib, apparently?

Pretty sure we're overdue for a justice appointed by an actual lefty, that turns towards the right during their tenure on the court?
Did you mean David Souter, Denny?

·
Banned
26,968 Posts
The lefty being interviewed today by the Senate was mentored by Thurgood Marshall, A lefty of the highest degree who once said he didn't care what the constitution said!

·
Registered
96 Posts
muttleysgone,,i have all that info..i want to know which five vote for this decisson and which four was against..

i have all the justices from the first appointment to the last and their religions some did not believe in God at all.

the point i wanted to make too was that we had 9 justices to cover 9 circuits these judges came from that part of the country ...this is not so to day..
we now have an all jewish and catholic court now..with the lates appointment..

·
Registered
482 Posts
So much a bout the Justices. It seems as though that the citzens of Chicago won and all American towns. What, the right to defend their homes. With the handgun band in Chicago one could not own a handgun to defend their homes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
but now will they pass a law about having a business in chicago selling of hand guns ..could they band selling in chicago ....or any guns...

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am very happy with the SCOTUS decision: As a Life Member of the NRA. I hope the NRA will file suits against New York City,Chicago,San Francisco & outher cities with their harassing gun registration laws & ordniances. All the mayors like Bloomberg & Daly need to do is follow the SCOTUS decision to avert further legal action. For sure several cities will face legal action buy gun owners trying to claim their legal right to own & carry firearms.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.