The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,157 Posts
She'll merely be replacing a sitting Commie-Lib justice, so no gain nor loss.

What many of us worry about, is Obama having the opportunity to replace any one of the sitting five justices that voted in the majority.

·
Registered
26,157 Posts
If they all stuck to interpreting the constitutionality of legislation when needed, rather than "legislating from the bench", the nation would be far better off.

Probably depends on one's perspective?

Back in the 50s and 60s, the passage of Civil Rights legislation granting the same rights to minorities, that us ol' ******* already had, would've taken forever.

About the only instance of "judicial activism" I can think of in my lifetime, that was justified. Just my opinion, everyone else is free to have their opinions.

Far as I'm concerned, the Second Amendment speaks for itself and means exactly what it says: We have the right to keep and bear arms.

·
Registered
26,157 Posts
Actually, most of them would be considered radical revolutionaries, just as they were by the British in the 1770s. Conservative by today's standards, only in their dedication to the original tenants of the US Constitution, as finally adopted in 1778.

I suspect most of them would regard what our government has now become, to be more repressive than the British government was, that sparked the Revolution?

·
Registered
26,157 Posts
Let us not forget the example of Earl Warren, appointed by that paragon of liberalism, Dwight D. Eisenhower. Then there was John Souter, appointed by the elder Bush, also some sorta closet commielib, apparently?

Pretty sure we're overdue for a justice appointed by an actual lefty, that turns towards the right during their tenure on the court?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.