The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to send hides to be tanned, not neccessarily for taxidermy, but simply to have cased hides for decoration wall hanging, etc. I am planning to have some done this year, would like to try doing some myself with some of the kits that are available, but would also like to send some away or give them to a taxidermist to send, etc.

Any recommendations on who would provide this service in South-Western PA area? Any recommendations for kits/methods of doing yourself? Planning to do some fox/coyote and coon.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I too would like information on getting one or more hides tanned. Where to send and the cost. I would like to make a pair of traditional pants, and maybe a coat. I know that first things first I need to shoot a one. I live in the Harrisburg area. Any info would be super.

·
Registered
298 Posts
http://www.keystonefurdressing.com/

They charge $65 for a wet tan cape that has all the fat and stuff off and salt put on.

Or $75 for one with nothing done to it.

Must ship overnight after freezing it and only on certain days of the week. There really good here! Its in Gettysburg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts