The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Closer than I thought...just a month away...this festival is always top notch and the food is spectacular. I can't miss it this year, i'm out of apple butter

http://hickoryapplefest.com/

Oct 2nd and 3rd, 2010

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
jayd4wg, if you are coming out let me know. I am a short distance from there. -SL

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we are definitely coming out. i missed it every year we've been back to pit, and we were away for 4 years...it's been 6 YEARS since i've had that chicken...

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
gotta have the chicken. I haven't been there since the kids were little. Do they still have the pancake breakfast? I was disappointed when they stopped making the cider on site with that old press

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Yeah, they still do the breakfast

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup still do the breakfast and some family friends still do the apple butter stirring starting the day before. there's something about apple butter cooked over a real wood fire. Ohmigoshit's heaven on a spoon. Lawdy Lawdy my tongue is twitching already!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
me too Nina...will you have one some Outdoor Dreams gear? will say hi if i see you. everyone else - carry around a flag that says HPA!

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
good ole boy, you closer to Mucks or Dannys? I am closer to Dannys. -SL

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
on way out now - probly get there about 1130 or noon. Wearing black and gray shirt and jeans. Just yell HEY MOOSE! or HEY JAY DAWG! and i'll shoot you a dumb glance

·
Registered
324 Posts
Had every intention of going - my brother lives in Carnegie and was gonna stay at his place for the weekend - Major change of plans - had a heart attack on tuesday at work.(#2) just got home. feel like crap - but still alive to complain about life! need details about the apple fest = atleast I can be there by proxy - ha ha

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry to hear that BC! Prayers reaching out to you brother.

the applefest was great, as I have always remembered it. i ate way more than i should have (polished off a pork bbq sammich without the bun, a half an apple dumpling with a bite of ice cream, and a couple pierogies (LOL) and it was all just out of this world. my parents got the chicken dinners and they were just awesome...had a little bite of the leg meat. I did buy a jug of apple butter and this year they had sugar free...LOVING LIFE! they even had no sugar added apple pies. paid 4 bucks for a 20 minute hay ride and my kids enjoyed the heck out of it. I have a couple pics on my phone, not too many but will find one to post here.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
just got back- would have been better without the rain....loved the black lab puppies that were for sale by the school house. Great way to kick off the holiday season ahead of us

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

cruddy cell phone pic...

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Looks like a great event...HPA had a booth at the Apple Cider Fest at Prince Galletzin SP and the turnout was INCREDIBLE and there was NO RAIN. I loved talking hunting with all the folks there. met about 10-12HPAers and hopefully a couple hundred more newbies.

Hey to the lady that is here EVERYDAY...
, don't be afraid to speak up, the writing is as fun as the reading.I loved the energy you had for this site..please share that.

Does anyone have contact info for this, maybe we can man a booth at this festival next year?? Thanks in advance. PM is fine.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
http://hickoryapplefest.com/vendor.htm

That should get you in the neighborhood RB. if you need a volunteer for the booth for a couple hours...I might could maybe be talked into not walking around while the wife hits all the yard sales LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts