The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with Hi-Point handguns. My father in law showed me one he just picked up for 159.00 new. He has been shooting it and says it is accurate and hasn't jammed at all. I find it hard to believe you can find a nice hand gun for that price. They are offering .45,40,9mm and .380. For that price I think I am going to pick one up. Any input?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thank goodness , this will finally give people here something else to argure about other than treestands and public/private property.
Hi-point , here is the truth , they DO work very well esp for the cost , they are well backed by the company , and a ton of people hate them. it's called hi-pointaphobia.
That is the truth , let no one tell you different.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I have a 9mm and a friend had a 380. He loved his. Mine goes bang when you pull the trigger every time.

As far as accuracy goes, it's not the greatest. Course what do ya expect for $159? Out to about 15 yards or so it's good enough for what most people use a gun of that nature for. I carry mine when I'm fishing or scouting.

The thing about mine I just don't like is the "feel". The grip is small, and it feels like it was made by fisher price. Maybe GM. It also feels really slide heavy.

The year I bought mine (about 10 years ago) my buddy got a beretta 92. He paid about 4x what I paid for mine at the time. I thought he was nuts until I shot his.

If you just want something cheap to throw in the truck or carry camping I can find no fault in it for those purposes.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I just got a CF380, I've put around 400 rounds through it with no fail to fire issues. They have the best warranty around, if it breaks, send it in, they'll fix it for life, and return it with a new lock and clip. They have a forum also, just type in hi point forum and it should pop up. When I asked about them, they were bad mouthed pretty bad by people who never owned one, so I took a shot in the dark(no pun intended) on it, and found out I would rather buy more ammo than spend more on the gun. They can also handle +P loads. Once again, the forum has alot of great info for all of their handguns and carbines. They arn't pretty by a long shot, but they are + in my book.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys that is exactly what I was expecting to hear. My would be a carry/truck gun. I am going to go pick one up.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
had mine for years now and it has never seen a brush, with handloads you can go against any big name out there.

i have the 9mm and love that thing, never jams, shoots great and it was cheap, i think i paid 130 way back then.

they are a bit heavy, but. i dont like light weight pistols so it works to my tatse.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
pabuckkiller said:
Thanks guys that is exactly what I was expecting to hear. My would be a carry/truck gun. I am going to go pick one up.
Justa word of caution with ammo. My gun would jam once or twice out of ten shots with the cheap 115 gr winchester USA brand ammo. Anything else shot fine. Course you may have better luck than I did with them.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I have a 9mm and so does my gf. We both have had 0 problems with them. Got hers last year for $139 in Elderton, Pa. Mine is older and still goes bang every time.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i have a 45 hi-point. shoots pretty good and have not had a jam yet. def good enough for just plinking cans or targets. the only thing i dont like is the price of ammo....but thats with them all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts