The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went and purchased one today. I was skeptical at first because of the price but i figured what the heck, i will check it out anyways. Gun felt decent and for the price didnt seem like a bad deal. Got home cleaned the barrel out and fired 50 rounds, only one jam. Gun shot great actually,i was surprised. Dont get me wrong its not a top of the line semi auto pistol by any means, but for the price ($149) you cant go wrong.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
ive had one for about 16 years and never had a jam, and with hand loads i out matched two S&W's at the range one day.

a ton of folks talk bad about them, not the best all around carry peice but they are great guns.

im glad to see they changed the clip butt's, those ones they were putting out the past few years were silly looking.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
That was 149.00 out the door.Great deal,were did you find it?One more question were is it made.were ever its made that would be nice in the night stand.

·
Registered
495 Posts
That price is cheap. did they have any in 40 cal.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they only had the 9mm, and .380. $149 out the door at The Sport Shack in East Brady. They are made in Ohio, everypart on the hi point is made in America !

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Just talked to my dealer he said it may take a month to get one, so i ordered a 40 sw in green for 168 out the door. The web site said they are guaranteed for life.Thanks for the tip Zac.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have sold thousands of these guns over the years and never had a legitimate complaint about them. the people that hate have never sold/fired one.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I have one and got one for the gf. Never a problem with my 9mm and hers is fine also. They are not great for concealed carry but mine rides under the van seat quite well. Gone for the Day shop in Elderton is where I got hers.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I have the same gun. It goes BANG every time. Well, unless you try to feed it the cheap winchesters in the white box. I know a few people that have them, and have never herd a complaint. Like someone else said, the people that talk them down have never fired one.

I carry mine on my side when I'm scouting for deer or fishing. I don't even care if it gets wet. I'll dry it when I get home.

One thing I hate about it. It is an absolute bear to take apart to clean. I did it once, and will never do it again. Now I just give it a good dose of gun scrubber from time to time to get any crud out of it. Even then you don't have to do it often. I took mine apart after I had about 2000 rounds through it.

The grips do feel like they were made by fisher price though.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Funny how such a cheap gun. Is so reliable. I have never owned one Just could not get past the ugly gun look.. But they have a large following. And very few complaints.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts