The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time i watched i thought it was a little hokey...but my kids got to liking it, and hey...what you know it makes me smile. Modern day sit com..the "reality" show, first one I liked..

Only rednecks are secure enough with who they are to laugh at themselves....and end each show with a big family meal of their gatherings and a prayer. Beats CSI..and my daughter thinks i should grow my beard out...suddenly redneck Dad is cool. LOL

·
Registered
624 Posts
We watch it, clean no foul lang. funny They eat together and give grace. What could be wrong with that? Thanks Blacksmith

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
If you're too busy to duck hunt or fish, then you're too busy.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Just recently started watching...gets addicting..lol...

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
I think it's completely stupid. What a horrible portrayl of hunters to the mass number of people who dont know anything about hunting. They just advance the stereotype of hunters being rubes and louts and stupid rednecks. This show does nothing for the cause of hunting with the general (nonhunting) public. If this show was about an ethnic group instead of about hunters, it would be considered racist and booted off the airwaves.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I quit worrying about what the rest of what America thinks when they elected BO twice..I need to laugh and smile more...and Uncle Si gets it done, since Uncle Sam not so much....

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is why we got 275 channels...i see what danes is saying though, I watch network news and think all liberals are idiots so TV can lead to strengthening stereotypes. LOL

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
RB-HPA said:
yeah I quit worrying about what the rest of what America thinks when they elected BO twice..I need to laugh and smile more...and Uncle Si gets it done, since Uncle Sam not so much....
See the fact that BO got reelected shows that the general public is fairly stupid and unperceptive and willing to take someones word for things instead of figuring it out for themselves. That makes these kind of shows even worse for hunting and hunters. And, the general publics view of hunting is very important to the long term survival of the sport. I realize this show is somewhat done in fun and is a bit tongue in cheek. But, I dont believe that it does hunting or hunters any good.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Danesdad said:
RB-HPA said:
See the fact that BO got reelected shows that the general public is fairly stupid and unperceptive and willing to take someones word for things instead of figuring it out for themselves. That makes these kind of shows even worse for hunting and hunters. And, the general publics view of hunting is very important to the long term survival of the sport. I realize this show is somewhat done in fun and is a bit tongue in cheek. But, I dont believe that it does hunting or hunters any good.
Understood...but what kind of show would do that?? If someone does not like hunting or guns, they don't like them....TV show is not going to change it.

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
I get that. But a portrayl of how hunting really is would be vastly preferable. Not all of us (or even most of us) are stupid ridgerunners and hillbillies. But, that show makes it look like that.

See, people that dont like guns or hunting get their beliefs reenforced by the stupidity of that show. And that is not good for hunting...but I bet it is good for ratings.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
I,m with Danes.I couldn,t take it after the second episode.They are down right morons and it is the most idiotic crap I have ever seen.It portrays Louisana people as morons and idiots which I can honestly say which is true for my wifes relatives who live down there.I am a country boy,hillbilly,ridgerunner all wrapped up in one but they are morons.All they need to improve on those grose tattoos,hairdos,and beards would be to add earrings.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I love the show. Those "morons" are worth alot of money. I think the show just shows a family that cares about each other and can laugh at themselve and not take each other to seriously. Ya gotta love uncle si.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I have been watching it since last year and no my wife is hooked. She said she wants to marry Si.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts