The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....What's for supper?

How about some venison fillet grilled over whole lump charcol (to absolute perfection) and wild rice?

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
What kind of fruity zero calorie beverage are you drinking there Gramps?

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
My daughter, SIL, and grandson were over today for dinner. I threw 2 of my last 3 backstraps on the grill. They were just a smidgen more done that yours, but still red in the middle and some blood on the plate.

They sat overnight in a mixture of red wine, worchestire sauce, browning sauce, black pepper, and garlic salt. Just before I put them on the grill I brushed them all over with EVOO. Heated the grill to 700 degrees using the sear burner and seared both sides for two minutes each (seals in the juices). Then cooked them on a lower heat for 12 minutes.

Though these are from October, today's results looked the same...

·
Premium Member
24,151 Posts
Chaos said:
What kind of fruity zero calorie beverage are you drinking there Gramps?
Looks like Red Eye

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
RonM said:
Bucket you dont ever serve good venison on paper plates,have you no manners....

They're his Special Sunday Paper Plates. (notice the fine art work on them) He'll go back to the regular everyday paper plates tomorrow.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GIE said:
They sat overnight in a mixture of red wine, worchestire sauce, browning sauce, black pepper, and garlic salt.

I use a mixture of colony sauce, garlic powder, wild leek powder, and adobo. I bet that deer you cooked was killed with a crossbow. Couldn't honor it when you killed it, and couldn't honor it when you grilled it. Propane? Really? Heathan!

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Buckethead said:
GIE said:
They sat overnight in a mixture of red wine, worchestire sauce, browning sauce, black pepper, and garlic salt.

I use a mixture of colony sauce, garlic powder, wild leek powder, and adobo. I bet that deer you cooked was killed with a crossbow. Couldn't honor it when you killed it, and couldn't honor it when you grilled it. Propane? Really? Heathan!
GIE???

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Buckethead said:
Propane? Really? Heathan!
That's natural gas pal.

You should be familiar with natural gas.
I heard Marcellus Shale was up your way. Rumor has it they wanna frack your crack.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GIE said:
Buckethead said:
Propane? Really? Heathan!
That's natural gas pal.

You should be familiar with natural gas.
I heard the Marcellus Shale was up your way. Rumor has it they wanna frack your crack.
What does that even mean? You're obviously high. That's what you get for cooking heathan killed meat on heathan "natural gas". Fumes went righ to your head.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
InVenangoNow said:
The next time I invite you over for a picnic.....LEAVE THE DISHES where you found them!!! Next to the third firepit!!!
You mean this one behind the west side pool?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts