The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the current review on the mathews ?..took a look at one the other day..just curious

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Mathews as in vertical bow? If so, I don't mess with them much any longer.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mathews crossbow the mission...i believe its a mathews..

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
mathews crossbow the mission...i believe its a mathews..
Yes. They manufacture crossbows under the Mission banner. I own a Mission MXB400 but usually recommend the the MXB360 when folks ask. The 400 is a lot of bow and hard on nocks.

They are solid bows with a lot going for them. The limbs can be let down by way of the limb bolts to lower the draw weight or change the string/cables yourself without a press. There is no foot stirrup so it is a bit easier to maneuver in the stand. They are light and very quiet compared to many other crossbows and the buttstock is adjustable for length of pull. The only real negative with them is very small cutout and the end of the rail for the broadhead to sit. Many fixed blades and some mechanicals won't clear the sides unless you can rotate your inserts or shoot longer arrows than the bow calls for.

Solid bows for sure.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks..i shoot a excalibur now..love it..thinking about a new bow but been seeing issues with some limbs on the micros

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
hey thanks..i shoot a excalibur now..love it..thinking about a new bow but been seeing issues with some limbs on the micros
I just picked up a Excalibur Bulldog 400. It is a beast. Not for the faint of heart, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts