The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this in an e-mail news letter from Sen. Laughlin.

Erie County to Receive $24.3 Million in COVID-19 Relief Funds

I am pleased to report that Erie County will receive more than $24.3 million from the state for its COVID-19 relief efforts from a bill approved by the Senate and sent to the Governor on Thursday.
Senate Bill 1108 directs $2.6 billion in federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) funding for critical needs created by the COVID-19 pandemic, including $625 million for counties that did not receive a direct subsidy from the federal government. The measure will provide a block grant of $24,358,827 to Erie County.
they determine who gets what amount based on their number of covid cases !

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
So we taxpayers are paying for hospitals who fudge the numbers?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think it's a fact that hospitals can get more money from Medicare for patients who are are diagnosed with Covid-19 so there's one reason to fudge the numbers.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Billions....that's peanuts these days....the new norm is trillions. Nobody is even going to question cutting a check for such a paltry amount.

Trillions for all !!! :smile_big:

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
The one stimulus proposal would have given my household $10k/mo. For “free”.

Why would any of this surprise anyone in the presence of that brilliant thinking...?

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
heres why they inflated the Covid numbers in PA.

There is nothing in this thread to support the assertion that the Covid numbers have been inflated in PA.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
heres why they inflated the Covid numbers in PA.

There is nothing in this thread to support the assertion that the Covid numbers have been inflated in PA.
Lycoming County caught it early on . CDC was listing 4 covid deaths when in actuality there were 2. I'm pretty certain the Lycoming County Coroner was one of the first in PA to call foul on the covid count. I know within a short time period of his reporting erroneous numbers they were adjusted downward in many PA counties.

Luckily he is a man of high integrity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts