The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my new pup Gunner 9 weeks old doing real well already knows how to sit and come and were working on staying sometimes he does sometimes he dont. Also does any one have any information on force fetch training I know he's not old enough but I wanna study it before the time comes thanks for any info!

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Would recommend Evan Graham's Smart Works & Smart Fetch. Get the books and DVD's.
Good Luck with Gunner!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I would get Bill Hillmanns training a retriever puppy DVD to start your pup off with a good foundation. If you have never done FF then I would highly recommend working with someone with expierence on FF especially if its your first time. The total process of FF encompasses many aspects from start to finish that an experienced hand can address. I would also recommend looking into a retriever club, there is one out your way. Tim Mcgarry has the Central Pa Retriever club going so its a good place to start. He is on this board sometimes.
As far as a training program the most popular ones are Total Retriever Training, Smartworks and Fowl dogs. Training takes a lot of time and dedication for a good gun dog so good luck with your pup and congrats on the new addition.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Get a good training video and follow it even gramm has a ggreat set its pricey but worth the money

·
Registered
550 Posts
Get in touch with Tim Mcgarry from here. He will be able to help ya out.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Great looking pup, gotta love the yellow ones!

Good luck with him.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Only one problem Adam... poor pup ain't getting no retrieves going with you haha jk good looking pup! looking forward to hunting with him next year!

·
Registered
444 Posts
quarter moon kennels did my pup. dan Gallagher is his name. great job and he was to the point. my pup will fetch a shoe a pencil or a hammer. heck he may even get a truck if he could drag it,lol

·
Registered
695 Posts
Nice looking pup.
Good luck with the training.
I'm picking up my 8 month old pup on Sunday.
any one know of a training group near where I live in West Chester?

·
Registered
128 Posts
good looking pup. after loosing my dog a few weeks ago I didn't know when or if I wanted to get another, but I think I would be lost without a retreiver so over the weekend I went to look at a pair this going to be breed this spring and get put on the list for puppies that are possibly due around july. Can't wait to start training agin and bring that good energy back in my home, but my old buddy cole will never be forgotten.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Good looking pup! Love the "white" color!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts