The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little tip to all the folks that run 2 cycle equipment. I asked a question on a well-known Arborist site regarding using the same 2 cycle mix for all equipment. I run 9, that's right 9, different 2-cycle pieces of equipment. Each has their own oil mixes and 1 gallon cans. That's alot of juggling around of containers. Well GOOD NEWS. The responses I got back on that site were a welcome read. It seem that Stihl has a Synthetic oil called Ultra, that is a 50:1 mix that can be used seemingly in ANY 2 cycle engine. Most guys on their use it, and have all good to say about it. SO LONG all you one gallon containers.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I feel your pain even though I only have two 2-cycle engines. A weed trimmer, and my outboard engine. I'm going to need to get a chainsaw one of these days, but not right now.

I could never really understand why a chainsaw and a weedcutter would need two different types of mixtures. I can sort understand the outboard., but come one now. They all run the same.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Does this work even in older 2 cycle engines? The older engines use way more oil than the newer ones. I've bought some newer two cycles(Echo and Stihl) within the last few years and they all seem to be 50:1.

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Certainly does by all accounts on that site. If y'all would like to visit, it's Arboristsite.com. Technicians from all walks of 2 cycle engins abound on that site, and they are more than happy to offer assistance and answer any questions.

I run some older Stihls (011, 028 AV Super) as well as a newer MS361. Those older Stihl saws ran the 40:1 Stihl mix. Well, this Ultra supposedly offers more protection even though it's cut 50:1. I switched all 2 cycle, old and new to the Ultra.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts