The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little tip to all the folks that run 2 cycle equipment. I asked a question on a well-known Arborist site regarding using the same 2 cycle mix for all equipment. I run 9, that's right 9, different 2-cycle pieces of equipment. Each has their own oil mixes and 1 gallon cans. That's alot of juggling around of containers. Well GOOD NEWS. The responses I got back on that site were a welcome read. It seem that Stihl has a Synthetic oil called Ultra, that is a 50:1 mix that can be used seemingly in ANY 2 cycle engine. Most guys on their use it, and have all good to say about it. SO LONG all you one gallon containers.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I feel your pain even though I only have two 2-cycle engines. A weed trimmer, and my outboard engine. I'm going to need to get a chainsaw one of these days, but not right now.

I could never really understand why a chainsaw and a weedcutter would need two different types of mixtures. I can sort understand the outboard., but come one now. They all run the same.

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Certainly does by all accounts on that site. If y'all would like to visit, it's Arboristsite.com. Technicians from all walks of 2 cycle engins abound on that site, and they are more than happy to offer assistance and answer any questions.

I run some older Stihls (011, 028 AV Super) as well as a newer MS361. Those older Stihl saws ran the 40:1 Stihl mix. Well, this Ultra supposedly offers more protection even though it's cut 50:1. I switched all 2 cycle, old and new to the Ultra.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.