The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a state stocked cockbird that flew across the lake, and has been living in the State Park scrub behind my house since the fall. That boy survived!

Anyway, he has been crowing like crazy every morning for the last few weeks, I assume looking for a mate. Does anyone know if I can find a hen or two in SEPA for a good price? I doubt that the chicks will make it, due to the foxes and (I know I can't put an expletive here) roaming house-cats here. But I'd like to bring him a moment of joy as payback for what he's given me these last few months.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Not sure how far you want to go, but a fellow had a few left in WhiteHouse Station NJ. At 908-534-2609 .

Nice gesture for the ole boy!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Don't have a good response for help but I just gotta say, I think thats a pretty neat gesture your doing. Thats pretty darn cool. Good luck getting a hen!

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I had the same situation a couple of years ago. I had a rooster crowing behind the house so I released three hens for him and one of the hens pulled of a nest and I saw them many times over the summer. I know the survival of game farms hens is low but it was a fun thing to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts