The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a problem where I would shoot once my pin was in the target instead of letin it float around for a few seconds. well I have my cousin tell me when to shoot so now I dont pull to earlyier. and its helped me out so much I can hold my pin in there now on my own. any one ever had this problem??

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I think most of us get target panic at some point in our lifetimes. I learned to let the pin float down and when it gets to the top of my aim point, I let it go.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I go through a mental list of things: Pull, Pin, Pause, Press. Do this enough and when the buck steps out repetition will take over.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
for a while I developed this thing where I couldn't seem to bring the pin comletely down to where I needed to be on the target. I would get just above where I wanted to aim and be stuck there. Sounds odd but it is a mental thing. But right before I was ready to release I would drop the bow just enough to hit where I wanted to aim but couldnt lol.

It was bad and I worked through it. Almost every time I shoot for the first time of the year I do that and I gotta break myself from it. Its just mental.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
after the season is over start shooting a 5 yds at a really huge bulleye and just learn to trust ur shot due that until u feel comfortable, then step back a yard and do the same thing, next thing u know at 20 yds u wont worry about the pin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts