The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody local, (Lancaster, York, Lebanon, Dauphin) know who can replace the zipper on my turkey blind? It's an Ameristep Brickhouse. It's only a year old. Kinda stumbled out of it last year and the zipper broke and went flying through the woods like a bullet.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Call around to local seamstresses and ask them. Some material is tough to work with on a sewing machine, but blind material should be easy.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Chris, not sure but there is an automotive upholstry place near the Manheim auto auction. I would think they would have a sweing machine that could work on heavy materials.

Just a thought, might be worth checking. Another idea may be to check with tent rental companies, they may need to repair tents periodically..

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
weak-ender said:
Check with the guy who does boat canvas work next to the old Donegal high school. He should be able to fix you up
I called him and left a message about fixing a seam on my pontoon boat seat. He never called me back. Poor business practice! I'll take my business elsewhere.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I was thinking of that automotive place in manheim too. I called there for a new top for my convertible and they seemed pretty easy to deal with. I would imaging a new zipper would be a piece of cake.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Pigger said:
weak-ender said:
Check with the guy who does boat canvas work next to the old Donegal high school. He should be able to fix you up
I called him and left a message about fixing a seam on my pontoon boat seat. He never called me back. Poor business practice! I'll take my business elsewhere.
Try Gibble Auto Upholstery, Lancaster Rd, Manheim (near the Old Hunters Inn, then it changed to The Smokehouse). Kind of across from Myers Furniture. You know where I mean? They'll fix it for you (boat seat & blind).

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool! Thanks for all the help!!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
My buddy has an industrial sewing machine at his house he might be up for it. He lives in east York. Pm me if your interested I can ask him

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Ahhh, the fairview tavern. Grew up on fairview rd just a few miles down the road. That place is definitely a treat lol.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thing is I don't want to spend a ton of money putting a new zipper on. The blind was only like $100. Not like it was a $400 Double Bull blind.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Pigger said:
Thing is I don't want to spend a ton of money putting a new zipper on. The blind was only like $100. Not like it was a $400 Double Bull blind.
Being doplick has its price

·
Registered
444 Posts
sew it on yourself sally,lol
only you would trip and break your zipper, can I follow you with a camera. you are the real sasquatch aren't you.

just funnin piggy

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steely Ran said:
Being doplick has its price
I'm just too big to be fitting through a small opening!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts