The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure everyone has seen their fair share of stubborn guns, but this is my first. I bought a brand new benelli supernova with a 24in. Bbl. I originally tried to pattern it with factory front bead but it shot High with no matter what shelI shot through it. It's is dead on for windage but 12in. high. So I bought some adjustable sights and that got me down 9 more inches but then I ran out of adjustment. I would prefer to use the factory front bead. I am also using 5 different turkey loads in 2-3/4,3,3-1/2 varieties. It shoots the same place Everytime. Could this be my choke tube? I have a primos jelly head. Only ever had this issue with a choke? It can't be the shell at this point because different shells shoot the same. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i've had 2 guns in the past that shot way off target. i returned them for another gun. not sure what the issue was but i just swapped it for one that worked. both were remington 870s.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I have had choke issues with other guns. Not my nova though. Try one f the factory chokes

·
Registered
410 Posts
At this point in time I'd be concerned. Do you have the chokes that came with the gun? Is your head down on the stock? just saying, You'll shoot high if not.If you use a different choke and it still hits high it's the gun...return it.

·
Premium Member
24,211 Posts
Try a red dot sight

·
Super Moderator
13,869 Posts
Some shotguns are designed to shoot high supposedly to aid in hitting a raising bird. However if the gun is new and you are unhappy you probably will never have total confidence in you new gun...send it back.

On the other hand if sending it back is not your choice add a red dot, Eotech, or a scope. They all work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going to go try a factory choke. I am going to try a factory full choke tomorrow and see what POA leads me from point of aim. I have my head down on the stock correctly, even if I had issues there I would just shim the stock. This gun comes with shims to make a custom fit.
Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts