The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a minn kota maxxum pro 80 on a bass tracker. i just got the boat and there is nothing hooked up.
from what i can find this is a 24v system. so i looked up how to run them in series and think i got that figured out. my issue is how to hook up the 12/24v charger wires? there are 2 positives and 2 negatives do they just get hooked up that way even for 24 volt?
also there is a battery level indicator that says battery one and battery two. this also has 2 pos and 2 negs but if i hook them up like that aren't they going to read the same because of the batteries being hooked in a series?

·
Registered
301 Posts
you should have 2 wires to your trolling motor. Positive and negative. take your 2 batteries and hook the positive to positive on one battery and the negative to negative on the other. then you need a jumper wire to connect the positive and negative terminals. as for the charger you just hook up one battery per lead. Im guessing you got a two bank charger. The battery indicator will read correctly even though they are hooked up in series.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts