The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot my deerstalker in , at about 50 yds i put two roundballs into almost the same hole, about 6 or 8 inches to the right, so what adjustments should be made ? do you follow the mark on the target?

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Mathews Shooter said:
you would move the sight to the right
That is if the Front site is being moved...

If it is the Rear site, then you move the way you want the bullet to move...

If it is shooting to the right and you want it to move left, move rear site to the left..
If it is shooting to the left and you want it to move it to the right, move Rear Site to the Right...

Just went thru this today...I messed up on 1 adjustment from a shot being far left, I moved Rear Site to the left... Shot went even Further to the left.. backed the rear site back to the right past where it had been before I adjusted it, shot went to the right of where I wanted it to go when making the First Adjustment!

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Yep,move the rear site the way you want the bullet to move.Opposite for front.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Just move the target 6-8 inches to the left. Should line right up!

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Bunky said:
Just move the target 6-8 inches to the left. Should line right up!

You basically said what I said to my buddy Mike today when he was shooting...But I said
"Wait until the deer walks forward 4 inchs, THEN shoot"

He was hitting 4 inchs to the right..he did not want to mess with his sites, So I told him that comment...

He went to aiming 4 inchs left of center and was hitting right above the heart on the target...

I do not understand why he didn't want to adjust his site, but he will remember to aim left of where he intends to hit...

Me on the other hand, I don't want to adjust my aim to make the bullet hit where I want it...so, I adjust the site so when I aim, the bullet GOES EXACTLY WHERE I'm aiming!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts