The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
I'm with Pine-Creek/Dave. The dehumidifier is the way to go. I bought one from Costco a few years back for my house, it has a pump in it so no emptying or having to rig it up to go into a sink. It ran about 200 bucks.

In 2010 our Cabin's basement was absolutely loaded with moisture, we never got any standing water in the basement but tons of moisture from the wet year. We then of course ran into a mold problem. Since then we're running 3 fans in the basement 24/7. we'll eventually have to go the dehumidifier route. The fans help a bit but just are not getting the job done.

Of course this might not be an option if your cabin doesn't have power, then you'll have to go a solar route or simple ventilation & plastic.

Good luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.