The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unpacked my fishing gear from last year. I noticed I somehow lost the handle of my fly rod, looked everyhwere its gone. Anyone have any idea how to fix this or where I can find a replacment part. Not sure who makes the reel. I would like to fix it before the season! Thanks for the help!!!!!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
If you were closer to me i would make you one for it. Im a Machinist by trade. the handles are easy to make. I would just have to see it to make one for it. I dont know who makes that maybe an old Galvan im thinking? might be time to upgrade.

I suggest ROSS REELS, Own many of them very very nice not real expensive and made in usa and have the best customer service ever. Look for a Ross Rhythm or Ross Vexsis on ebay Just bought two of them both 130.00 each the Vexsis is like 350.00 brand new but you can find brand new unused ones on ebay for about 130.00 to 170.00 thats a smoken deal for a 350.00 reel. I can help ya with any reel you have a question about. i know just about every single thing about ALL manufactures of fly reels and can help with any questions you got.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the info. This reel was a gift from my grandfather and was hoping to get my first trout fly fishing with it! I am going to continue to look around for two more weeks before I give up. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Looks like a Garcia kingfisher reel - drill a hole through a piece of dowl rod and screw it fast. Or buy the one on eBay. Either way - good luck. Wish I still had the time a patience to fly fish.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
4cslabs said:
Looks like a Garcia kingfisher reel - drill a hole through a piece of dowl rod and screw it fast. Or buy the one on eBay. Either way - good luck. Wish I still had the time a patience to fly fish.
i use to think it took alot more patience to fly fish, but in all seriousness it really doesnt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts