The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before hunting season comes around i plan on buying a new big bore atv. I really like the brute force 750 but never heard much about them, so does anyone on here have one or a yamaha grizzly 700, honda rincon, suzuki kingqaud 750 or can am?

I heard the rincon is under powered and the can am's are way to much, whats the input on any of these machines?

·
Registered
799 Posts
I know Birdman really enjoys his Grizz 700. He seams to have enough power as I never see him (only the dust cloud) when trail riding with him

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Buy the grizzly 700 with power steering, you won't regret it

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i ride with 2 guys who have bruteforces and they love them. another guy that rides with us has an outlander and he likes his.i think all the major names make good machines these days and it is mostly personal prefrance.

·
Registered
10,136 Posts
I have a 2010 Canam Outlander Max XT 650. It is a great machine. Plenty of power, Power steering, Winch, plow, 2 seater. Don't know what more anyone could need.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have a Brute Force and love it. I put a moose CDI pack in for faster low end and more torque. One down side I think is the steering. At slow speed and tight areas you will get a good arm workout. I would suggest riding a few models and seeing what YOU like best. There are pros and cons to every model

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'll second the past statement about trying to steer a Brute Force in tight corners. you'll get a workout!! even worse with a plow on - lots of weight on the front end- mine is 05 model.not sure if they offer power steering but if they do - go for it..

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I enjoy my rincon but it does not have low gear. if you are fine with the machine holding you back at around 12mph going down the hill you will be fine.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have a 09 700 grizz that i bought new for 6800 bucks in meadville pa at a yamaha dealer. Absolutley love it, Its not power steering I dont think you should have a need for power steering

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I also have an '08 700 Yamaha Grizzly. It is my 8th four wheeler and it is by far the best I have ever owned. When I bought mine new in 08 I had the opportunity to test drive quite a few big bores and always went back to the Grizz. I had a tough time deciding if I wanted the EPS or not and I chose not. I do not ride hard and I am not into technical rock climbing or mudding or that sort of thing. I get on and trail ride, plow snow, haul logs or just use it around the house or camp to pull trailers or drag/plow whatever. I have trail ridden it for well over 8 hrs staight and the only thing that got tired was my big butt. I have never suffered arm fatigue and I am 60 years old.
It is a workhorse and I think there are more upgrades/aftermarket parts and accessories that are made for it than any other quad built.
The bottom line is go out and ride as many as you can and you decide, afterall it is your investment and your hard earned dollars that are going to pay for it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Go Grizz. Power steering too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts