The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS IS MY FIRST POST ON HERE SO BE PATIENT WITH ME.I HAVE A MINT REMINGTON 12C 22CAL WITH AN OCTAGON BARREL. I MEAN AS NICE AS THEY GET. DATES TO THE EARLY 1900'S. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WHAT IT MIGHT BE WORTH? IM GOING TO SELL IT.THANKS JIM

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
Mint condition. I would say $800-$1000.

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
In their book, "Remington .22 Rimfire Rifles", authors John Gyde and Roy Marcot describe this rifle as:

Model 12C “N.R.A. Target Grade”
First offered in 1918 at $27.75 retail. Same characteristics as the
Model 12C “Target” Rifle, including a 24 inch octagonal barrel.
Intended for .22 caliber Long Rifle rimfire ammunition only. Equipped
with Lyman elevating tang peep sight with cup disk and wind gauge
combination aperture rear sight, and hooded Lyman globe front sight.
No dovetail cut in barrel for rear sight. Sling strap attaches to swivel
on magazine tube. Weight is 6 lbs. 42 inches overall.

If in fact it is in true "Mint Condtion" I would hold out for nothing less that $800. JMHO

·
Registered
713 Posts
If it is stamped 12c NRA target then it would be $750 on the high end but if it is marked just 12c then $500 on the high end. He did not say it was marked NRA target

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
NT, no he did not say it was NRA stamped, I just assumed..
but they didn't start putting the NRA stamp on the 12C until about 1924? I may be wrong...Heck I don't theink they even had alot of them with C on em.

Like you said... Whatever, somebody will pay for it. I have personally seen them go as high as $1250 MINT/inbox and papers.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Perfect $1200
Alot of guys idea of perfect is far from it.
Almost impossible to judge without handling the gun, but $1200 is the HIGH END.
Pictures would allow me to get you very close to value, PM serial number as well.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
To me, mint would be never fired still in the wrapper and box.

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
If possible, can you post some pics? And yes the serial would allow a date on the manufacture.

Regardless, they are great little guns. One of the first little pump 22's I ever shot.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks you guys!! I looked on the gunbroker ones and mine is nicer than both the ones on there for 1100 and 1200. I cant figure how to load pics on here, if anyone will give me their email address, I can send them that way. thanks again. jim oh its not stamped nra.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Glad you got some good info., HPA is a wealth of knowledge and most will help out with an honest opinion. You will always get lowball offers and misinformed " experts", wherever you go on the web. Just take them with a grain of salt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts