The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I can't decide. I want a cheaper crossbow and have narrowed it down to the Barnett Jackyl or the Parker Bushwacker. Jackyl comes with a red dot scope, quiver and 4 bolts. Parker comes with a red dot scope and quiver only. Parker is $20 more than the Barnett and slower. Help!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have a Barnett and like it but Parker makes a great product. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Bolts aren't too expensive so wouldn't let that stop you.

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
Both good bows but I would opt for the Parker because of the warranty. I don't get caught up in the speed thing much. Know your distance and your bow and that is all that matters.

Barnett's Jackyl has been a pretty reliable bow and their customer service is improving. Not a bad choice either.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I have the jackal and it shoots like a dream! Very accurate. Have shot it out to 35 yards so far and havent had to make any adjustments or use anything but the top dot in the scope! It has 3 dots and i havent had to use any other yet!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've read good reviews on both crossbows you mentioned. If you are at an impasse between the two....take a look at the 'tiebreakers'....things like track record for reliability, customer service, warranty period, accessories available for the two.....

·
Registered
400 Posts
Don't know the price for both, But also take a look at the SZ350

·
Registered
18,627 Posts

Give us some thoughts once you get some shots through her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts