The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO a coon decided to get caught in my muskrat trap and drag it and the weight(stone) to the middle of the pond, where he proceeded to drown himself. the pond is only 2 foot of water, but about 4 feet of mud( i found this out when i sank to my butt in mud and got soaked trying to crawl back to land, good thing i had a walking stick with me). I cant bring a boat because its in a golf course. i was thinking of attaching a grapple of some type to a piece of rope. Hes about 25 feet out

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
life jacket and go for a swim, scuba gear would work too.
Maybe a grapple hook tied to a float might work

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, im gonna try the fishing rod thing ive got a few strong poles with heavy line. otherwise i gues im goin for a swim

·
Registered
93 Posts
This may sound crazy but it might work.do you have a extension ladder long enough to reach 30'/40' tie a rope to shore end and anchor it.Fully extend ladder and push over towards the object you need to retrieve.Then walk the rungs out to get it.this should displace your body weight enough to get where you need to go.I recommend taking a helper with you as once you get the coon out the ladder is the hard part.I did this on an iced over pond once to save a drowning dog and three days later it got hit by a car.Dogs learn their owners however DO NOT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts