The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right spot to ask this Question but here it goes.. I have a 30 Year old Remington 700BDL in 6mm with Luepold 4-12 x 40 Ao VX scope Shot maybe 20 times Mint Condition that I am thinking about getting rid of to make room for Some more Guns.. Any Idea on what a Fair price would be to sell to Private party?

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
I probably would sell them separately. Also, I would search completed auction on GunBroker to see what they are going for. I took a quick look and they seem to command a good buck. Do yourself a favor and search on GB.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I have been wanting a 6mm in either a 700 BDL or Ruger #1 for awhile now. Like Robz says watch the online auction sites, decent BDL's are going for $800+ and I have seen the odd chambering's (222, 25-06, 6mm) at $1100+.

What model scope is it, adjustable objective, gloss or matte?

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
agreed with above. If your in no hurry and want the extra hassle to squeeze $650 or so outta it go for it. Otherwise wo scope 4-450ish. I can find 700's in the 4-500 range easily.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I own a couple of them, an adl & bdl varmint....great shooters but trying to find casings to reload is about like looking for "Bigfoot"... a bag of 50 I haven't for so long I can't remember the decade, maybe 90's...very difficult to find to say the least...even Midway laughs at you when you ask..

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
ClearcutRob,
If you are willing to sell the gun and scope for under $600 like some of these people claim it's worth, PM me I would be very interested in it at that price.

6-dasher, boontoxin, backwoods79
Please share where mint 700 BDL's are selling for $400 to $500. I'm in the market for a 6mm and a 25-06.

Good luck,Tony

·
Super Moderator
4,913 Posts
Gunbroker will get you more money than a local sale.Some areas have a higher cost of living than Pa.The prices for all goods are higher there including firearms.If you want the most money some person in Kommiefornia will eventually buy it.However it will need FFL to FFL.Personally I would work up a load and use the firearm.Don't know you might be a collector but if you need room buy a bigger safe or shoot the guns you have or buy a second safe.I have wanted a 6mm so pm me a price for the gun.I would need some pictures.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Tony300wby said:
ClearcutRob,
If you are willing to sell the gun and scope for under $600 like some of these people claim it's worth, PM me I would be very interested in it at that price.

6-dasher, boontoxin, backwoods79
Please share where mint 700 BDL's are selling for $400 to $500. I'm in the market for a 6mm and a 25-06.

Good luck,Tony

Exactly. Especially in 6mm!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
If I could find minty bdl's for $400 I could make a lot of money. Last year I sold a bdl 30-06 near mint for $650. The buyer turned it right around for $800. I learned my lesson. I don't think some of these guys can tell a bdl from an adl.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I would hang onto it. I have no problems finding 6mm empty casings and i seen local gun shops still carry Remington 6mm factory load ammo. I have a browning micro medallion 284 winchester mint condition. I Will never sell it. Now try to find casings for that caliber.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Not very hard. You have to get 6.5-284 brass and neck it up. Which is reverse of the way it use to work but the brass is generally very good whereas Winchester .284 brass has been pretty chinsy lately. Great cartridge btw. I wish it would've caught on in leverguns where it belongs. It doesn't make a lot of sense in boltguns but it is a novelty. It's also the perfect length for a 98 Mauser build.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.