The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone worn any type of Heater suit, either Heater Body Suit or the IWOM model or anything else for cold weather stand hunting.

·
Registered
18,781 Posts
Yes. Own the IWOM XT and swear by it. In think it is a better option than the HBS. More pockets, arms free, tons of more built in features in a truly water and wind proof garment.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I have not but hear they are awesome. Just too much $$$ for the few times I would use it. If they were cheaper, I would already own one.

·
Registered
932 Posts
My buddy and his father both have the HBS and said they are the best thing since sliced bread.

·
Registered
374 Posts
In my opinion the IWOM is better because of the mobility of your arms, and the ability to wear it around your waist into the stand. It's just easier to put on while in a stand.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
HBS is awesome, I love mine! Bought it bout 5yrs ago and still think it's my best hunting investment!! Mine's in Predator camo, which is what I wanted. Only thing I don't care for is trying to put my big ole clog hoppers in the "leg" sections on a small treestand that's 28' up in a tree!!

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I've been going back and forth on one of these for years now. I think I'm going to pull the trigger this year.

Question for the iWOM guys. Is it suitable for shooting a compound? I like the fact that with the HBS your arms are completely free when shooting.

·
Registered
18,781 Posts
jkhunter said:
Question for the iWOM guys. Is it suitable for shooting a compound? I like the fact that with the HBS your arms are completely free when shooting.
The upper section is typical parka like. Probably be a good idea to wear an arm guard on your brace arm as you would with a parka.

Nice thing Bout the IWOM is that you can wear the whole thing neatly packed at your waist, just the parka with the lower section packed at your waist, or in full deployment mode when on stand. Built in double face mask and hood. Built in relief zipper for when nature calls, built in hand muff, all kinds of pockets.

Pennsylvania based company from state college as well. I have talked to the partners that own it several times.

·
Registered
18,781 Posts
jkhunter said:
thanks for the info
If you are ever out my way, say Mall of Robinson, and want to look at mine in person, let me know.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
jkhunter said:
Thanks again, that is kind of you. I will let you know, but I am leaning towards the iWOM now anyway.
Sorry dpms, couldn't resist

That sounds like a personal add lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
a guy has one for sale right now in the classifieds... cant beat the price.. Id have already bought it but have 2........

·
Registered
18,781 Posts
I have a free shipping code for IWOM if anybody is interested. PM me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts