The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I came home from hunting at about 6 oclock and dropped my dad off. As i was backing out of the driveway a pcg truck with what looked like cop lights on it came flying up over a blind hill and almost hit the rearend of my truck! Flying down this country road like a bat outa heck!I dont believe these deer are worth killing ppl! Im gona contact the harrisburg office tomarrow and contact some government officials and hope i can find out who it was driving! I also have witnesses who think that was crazy over a deer or poacher or whatever. Yea kill somebody over someone shooting a deer! And I had alot of respect for these wcos. That was ridiculous!!! Will make some calls in the am n find out who was on that call.And the coast would have been clear with me backing out if someone was doing a decent speed. Ppl can defend the pcg all u want on this but it was dangerous. And I have respect for pgc im just heated over the driver.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Did he have the Lights Tunred ON, ontop of that Truck?

If so, he had his Warnings Going and if you don't under stand the Driving laws and Flashing Red and Blue Lights, you wouldn't even understand if I explained it, on why you should have Given him the Right of way!

Ever think it might not have been 1 of those Deer or Poacher but someone was THREATENING a Land Owner or a Land Owner was threatening a Hunter with FIREARMS!

So, if that was the Case, they should Creep to the scene and not run thier lights and yeild to those backing out of Drive Ways?

Do a little Reading on Driving laws before calling tomorrow and complaining! Hopefully when an Ambulance comes up behind you with it's lights on, you pull over to the right side of the road and move out of thier way so they can get there faster to save a Life!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it was for a person then i would understand. and i didnt see the lights n niether did anyone else. I tell u if he would hav hit me if i survived i would b hunting nebraska or montana cause now iI would be able to afford it. A very stupid thing put ppls lives in danger over an animal. What u said made no sence.Yea save a life! of a deer ! LMAO!!!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
OK I'm not going to make any friends here but the claims adjuster has to put his 2 pennies in. I've handled enough claims to tell you that you would have been absolutely, totally, 110% at fault for this. "blind hills" are no legal defense. There have been enough legal decisions to prove that. Whether or not he had the red/blues flashing is totally meaningless. AS the operator of your vehicle, YOU are completely responsible to be sure the path is clear prior to entering the roadway. Any vehicle traveling down that road had the right of way over you. You're gonna love this one so here goes. If you could see him well enough to tell how fast he was going, why did you proceed to back out in front of him. Oh, Oh another one. What's the serial number on the radar gun you used to determine his speed and when was it last calibrated. Yes, I know I sound like a blankety blank. I'm being harsh to save you a lot of embarrassment before you start making ridiculous phone calls.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
PassThrou said:
If it was for a person then i would understand. and i didnt see the lights n niether did anyone else. I tell u if he would hav hit me if i survived i would b hunting nebraska or montana cause now iI would be able to afford it. A very stupid thing put ppls lives in danger over an animal. What u said made no sence.Yea save a life! of a deer ! LMAO!!!!
REREAD IT!
Then Read what Rabbitslayer said!

Ever think it might not have been 1 of those Deer or Poacher but someone was THREATENING a Land Owner or a Land Owner was threatening a Hunter with FIREARMS!

Seeing you Don't understand it...

You said a Poacher or a Deer isn't worth the life of another...Read where I said NOT a poacher or deer.....

But a Land ower threatening to do harm with a firearm to a hunter or a hunter threatening to do harm to a land owner with a firearm!
Would be a NEED to Fly to get to the Scene of what was going on and not Dwaddle around!

Also, if you don't under stand the deal about red and blue lights...

You HAVe to by LAW Pull to the Right Side of the roadway and LET an Emergancy Vehicle pass you so they can get to where they need to be going!

Also, Rabbit said the best thing... What Radar gun did you use to clock him?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok gotcha its my fault still gona make a few calls along with a few other ppl. Um I kinda know a person that was hit and killed buy a police cruiser while stoped in the road. And some how her family got rich all the sudden after that and he had lights and a siren on. Wow Like I said 3 witnesses we all cant be wrong. Everyones calling. This threads done for me. Just gona call and see if they think its not dangerous to other ppl to drive like a mainiac over deer! and if It was over a land owner they called the wrong person should have called police. Thanks thats all from me.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
"Just like if a firetruck hits you it's your fault no matter what. "

Pretty much. It's called governmental immunity. The Government or agent of the government has to do something so horribly wrong that it's just ridiculous in order to overcome it. The fireman would have to be drunk AND his fire chief would have to know that the driver had a history of driving drunk. It's that hard to overcome this immunity. I've been involved in claims where the the driver (say an ambulance driver) was clearly at fault but because of immunity, they would only pay for our insured's deductable and even that was just out of the kindness of their hearts. They could have easily told him to go pound salt and gotten away with it.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I disagree-------Just because an emergency vehicle hits you it is not your fault.
I know of 2 instances when emergency vehicles were involved in wrecks and they were at fault---
There is no such thing as immunity in the 21st century when lawyers are everywhere.
I am not saying drivers should not yeild for emergency vehicles BUT sometimes stuff happens!!
Dave

·
Registered
241 Posts
PassThrou said:
As i was backing out of the driveway a pcg truck with what looked like cop lights on it
Here is what is funny about this thread. "What looked like cop lights on it." LMAO indeed. If the PGC/PFBC didn't have the authority to have red and blue law enforcement only lights on their vehicles, they would not have them. I know that in many areas of the state, the WCO's, both fish and game routinely work with all other law enforcement, because they are law enforcement officers, by law. I hope and pray that when you make your complaint that the call taker doesn't tell you he was responding to a hunter related shooting accident, fatal vehicle crash, store robbery, assault or anything of that measure. Let us know how the complaint goes, we are curious.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
WOW, sounds like you are quite upset over this. It was dark out at 6pm and you should have been able to see the reflections from the lights on the trees, power lines or other objects sticking out of the ground. I run a vehicle with flashing lights all the time and espesially at night there is no excuse for someone not to see you comming. I was almost hit from behind on Friday night from a driver not paying attention. You may want to think before you fly off the handle tomorrow or you may just buy yourself a nice little ticket for failure to yield buy your own admission.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
"Just because an emergency vehicle hits you it is not your fault."
I guess I'm getting a little off topic here with the immunity thing but just remember this. There is a big difference in being at fault and being required to compensate the other party. That ambulance might be at fault but unless the threshold is crossed, they will not be required to pay a dime.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Rabbitslayer
Please do not take me as being argumentive BUT if you are required to compensate someone you are liable.
I worked Emergency Medicine for 12+ years and remember a few accidents where the driver of the emergency vehicle was at fault and paid out.

Dave

·
Registered
25,124 Posts
most cases I am familiar with the onus is on the person entering the highway from a private drive. wasn't there didn't see what happened but vehicles coming onto a roadway from a private drive must yield...

·
Registered
957 Posts
In one post you say

"As i was backing out of the driveway a pcg truck with what looked like cop lights on it"

Then in the very next post you say

"i didnt see the lights n niether did anyone else"

I hope your 3 witnesses that you have know what happened better than you do or by morning the 4 of you wont even remember if it was a truck or an airplane you seen go by....

Since the WCO's vehicles are considered emergency vehicles... it is up to you to yeild to them and as mentioned at 6pm it is VERY dark out... so you had to see the lights... and if the WCO did NOT have them on... if he were going as fast as you say, and you were looking backwards backing out of the drive... you probably couldnt say for sure that it was a PGC vehicle... everyone wants to come here to rant about everything... but for crying out loud atleast stick to your original story... changing it from post to post just makes you look like an idiot.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
???????????????????????
Nebraska?...Montana?
Aren't there laws on backing out onto a road?

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
LIMBHANGER10, I was always told that backing out onto a state highway was actually illegal. Don't know if that's really true or not, but seems viable. Glad you brought up that point.

·
Registered
730 Posts
i would say that if the alleged WCO was driving on a state/township/whatever public road and someone was backing out of a driveway then the person on the PUBLIC roadway has right of way...if they dont have the right of way then someone better tell all the vehicles that dont stop for me when i try backing out of my driveway that they have to yield to ME!

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
PassThrou said:
You know it wasn't a human life he may have been trying to save because you passed ESP class in high school or college?

Man, I wish they had offered that when I was in school!

·
Registered
115 Posts
PassThrou said:
Ok gotcha its my fault still gona make a few calls along with a few other ppl. Um I kinda know a person that was hit and killed buy a police cruiser while stoped in the road. And some how her family got rich all the sudden after that and he had lights and a siren on. Wow Like I said 3 witnesses we all cant be wrong. Everyones calling. This threads done for me. Just gona call and see if they think its not dangerous to other ppl to drive like a mainiac over deer! and if It was over a land owner they called the wrong person should have called police. Thanks thats all from me.
Is that what you are trying to do?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts