The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to sporting clays and trap.

what kind/brand of ear protection you guys using that doesnt interfere with mounting the gun?

Thinking of Howard leight impact electronic, so i can hear people talking, but not too sure how theyd work with trap..

·
Registered
955 Posts
There are several good companies out there, such as E.S.P., Walker's etc, do your home work because like all quailty equipment they are not cheap.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I love my Pro Ears Predator Gold.They have a concave cut out on each ear so the stock doesn't interfere.Great audio and cutoff is super fast.Automatically turns off after 4 hrs.These are high end ear protectors that will set you back about $300 but believe me they are worth it.How can you put a price on your hearing?I know you will love them.I had Peltor,Howard Leight,plugs and without a doubt these are way better.Do yourself a favor and check them out,good luck.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I've used a set of EAR,Inc digital clamshell since 2002. One of the best investments I ever made. As BrowningFan said, they are not cheap, but then again neither is hearing loss.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I use foam ear plugs with standard ear muffs over top. It's hard to hear anyone talking but I would rather save my hearing. Down side is I don't wear safety glasses because they open the ear muffs and the ear muffs don't work to well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Last two years at the Outdoor show a vender was selling ear protection that they molded to your ear. I think they charged about $60.00. Your thoughts on these

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
OLD IN THE WAY said:
Last two years at the Outdoor show a vender was selling ear protection that they molded to your ear. I think they charged about $60.00. Your thoughts on these
You can buy the kit at Brownell's for about $10.00 and do it yourself.

Me and a lot of guys I shoot with use them and we have no complaints.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I agree with 308 ruger. My Howard Leight electronic muffs are great. Completely protect the ears but allow me to hear everything else very clearly. I paid around $60 at Cabela's.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hunter177 said:
I agree with 308 ruger. My Howard Leight electronic muffs are great. Completely protect the ears but allow me to hear everything else very clearly. I paid around $60 at Cabela's.
thanks just got mine from amazon 47.42 free shipping. cant wait to try them out..

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I'm from a different era. For that I can give no recommendations. dang, $300 hearing protectors shook me up.

I've been using plain ol hearing protectors that were available at a hunting store. If it was near any noise, on went the hearing protectors. I took noise real serious for decades.
Wore therm for decades and not just at a shooting range; I wore them when I used electric saws, near noisy lawnmowers, and even near noisy paper shredders.
Now I get mail advertising the latest in hearing aids, which I don't need. And the cost is a lot more than $300.

Avoided that cost too. But as I said, I'm from a different era. Just wore hearing protectors near any kind of loud noise. Any kind of loud noise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts