The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Type of equipment are most guys using nowadays? Are walkers stillt he go to for most people?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Not to bust into the thread, but has anyone tried the Lyric hearing aid? Does it have the excess noise (like a gunshot) protection that the walkers and some others have?

·
Premium Member
24,189 Posts
I used Walkers Game Ears for 10 years I had them in both ears. I only wore them for hunting, now I got Miracle Ear hearing aids, they are expensive but I got them anyways. Had them now for 5 years and I wear them all the time, except when I go to bed. Glad I got them.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you can afford get a custom made set, they are little pricey but well worth the money. The biggest difference between cheap ones and really good ones is that you can tell the direction the game is coming from.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
howard leight's impact sports are nice for the money- $60 and they have better reviews thatn the walkers

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
stevenstiegel said:
howard leight's impact sports are nice for the money- $60 and they have better reviews thatn the walkers
+1

Got a set last year for about $45 on Amazon... It's to the point now where any shooting without them is quite uncomfortable. I wore them quite a bit while bowhunting as well, just for the hearing enhancement. Definitely one of my better investments.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wear regular hearing aids every day, and am looking for new behind the ear devices for hunting, mainly to get more power out of them thatn my hearing aids provide, and deffineately for the protection they provide when shooting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts