The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have called Walker's once ( got a person who was dumb as a box of rocks), and sent them three messages. They have not responded to any of my messages. I want to buy a set of In-the-ear hearing aids that cut out when a gun is fired. I simply want them to suggest which model to buy. Since they will not respond, I'm saying "good by" to getting a Walker's product. Does anyone know of any other companies who sell in-the-ear type aids that cut out when a loud noise happens, like shooting a gun? PLEASE read my post carefully. I want IN-THE-EAR, not behind the ear or earmuffs

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bit too pricey for me. starting at $1999. Gotta be something out there like Walkers and just as good. Looking for at or under $300

·
Super Moderator
24,058 Posts
mega hearing aids.com

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I have called Walker's once ( got a person who was dumb as a box of rocks), and sent them three messages. They have not responded to any of my messages. I want to buy a set of In-the-ear hearing aids that cut out when a gun is fired. I simply want them to suggest which model to buy. Since they will not respond, I'm saying "good by" to getting a Walker's product. Does anyone know of any other companies who sell in-the-ear type aids that cut out when a loud noise happens, like shooting a gun? PLEASE read my post carefully. I want IN-THE-EAR, not behind the ear or earmuffs
Funny you just posted this. I was telling a buddytoday that I saw an advertisement on Facebook regarding what you are looking for. They were asking $130. But if you bought two it was $100. Each. For the life of. Me I can’t find their ad since my buddy is interested in them. I

if I see them listed again I will post the name of the company so we could do our due diligence because I would probably get a set

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have messaged 5 places advertising aids on Facebook, and two advertising in American Hunter (NRA mag) and asked each one about using them while shooting. ALL have said they don't recommend wearing them while shooting a firearm. It's because none of them have the cut out circuitry that shuts them down when a gun is fired. Just beware when you see an ad for cheap aids.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Read my original post. Walker's can shove it as far as I'm concerned. I'll do without before buying their stuff. Very poor customer service as far as I'm concerned

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
the all in one ear buds start at $139..... tactical ear muffs are $68.

the custom series you looked at are costly........

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I did find the AD and they the same one Bad Primer posted. If you buy two sets it’s only $100. I don’t know how good they are.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I was hoping someone else has tried these & would comment but no luck.
a few years ago AXIL had a booth at the outdoor show when 1st available & were named Ghost Stryke essential.
I took a chance & purchased a set because when shooting trap or sporting clays I could not hear normal conversation with regular ear plugs.

I like them but dont like them.

these work well but the volume needs to be reset each time they are used.
there is no warning when the battery is low, they just shut down & work like standard ear plugs.
the instructions for use are poor as there is no explanation on recharging.
again, this was when they 1st came out . could be better now.
the new model is the GS series & start at $139.

I do recommend them but I do not know anything about the newer ones.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Check out Axil. They have several models available at different price ranges. I have in ear, active noise buds from Axil, I think I paid about $400. Look for them on sale. Just a note, batteries are a pain to change out. Carry spares.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I was hoping someone else has tried these & would comment but no luck.
a few years ago AXIL had a booth at the outdoor show when 1st available & were named Ghost Stryke essential.
I took a chance & purchased a set because when shooting trap or sporting clays I could not hear normal conversation with regular ear plugs.

I like them but dont like them.

these work well but the volume needs to be reset each time they are used.
there is no warning when the battery is low, they just shut down & work like standard ear plugs.
the instructions for use are poor as there is no explanation on recharging.
again, this was when they 1st came out . could be better now.
the new model is the GS series & start at $139.

I do recommend them but I do not know anything about the newer ones.
I agree. I tried these also. I also used the Walker Razor ear muffs. I actually now prefer the Walker Razors for ease of use.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so far, all the other brands mentioned in the thread have either responded that their aids should NOT be used when shooting a gun, or have not responded at all. OR have been too darn expensive

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I currently am waiting for a reply from Axil. They seem to have what I'm looking for IF they have the cutoff circuitry. Their prices are reasonable too

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I currently am waiting for a reply from Axil. They seem to have what I'm looking for IF they have the cutoff circuitry. Their prices are reasonable too
Keep us posted. I provided my buddy with this info and I just saw today on facebook The GS electronic are $129 instead of 139.

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts