The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin and I are making a day trip to my camp outside of Wharton tomorrow. Want to make sure everything survived the winter ok, and taking back all the stuff we took home for the winter in Nov. I know they had some snow mid-week, but hopefully we won't have any problems getting in. Hope to get some decent pictures too! Anyone else heading that way?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have the itch to get up there as well but it won't be until Easter weekend to do some work and check on the place.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
PerMarMan,
Have fun its beautiful up here right now.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got back a little while ago. Got everything delivered and no problems! Have about 4-5 inches of snow on the yard with an icy crust. Had to chip the stuff with a hammer to get our shed doors open. Saw a few dozen snowmobilers, wishing I had one! A lot of riding for one day, but well worth it. Hope to get back up the weekend after Easter to start locating gobblers! Unfortunately, that's 5 weeks away.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Those day trips are rough! Up, work on the place, and return all in one day is something I avoid like the plague. I've only done it twice over the years - and one day trip was for a funeral.

I'll sell you two snowmobiles - and I'll deliver them to Potter Co. Any excuse to go to camp is good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts