The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be on my way to the big pond at 4:30am to hit the smallie bite!!! I'll post a report and pics upon my return!

Anyone fish there lately?

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
...Rats...wish I would have checked this forum Friday night and I could have met up with you guys....was out there Saturday also..even with that east wind the fishing was great in the bay

·
Super Moderator
4,597 Posts
Crushed them Saturday in the bay and a few on the main lake!!

Wish I would have seen this post earlier!! I could have gotten ahold of you!! We left at 3am and were the first boat on! Awesome day!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
How many did you end up catching and any size to them?We were there the last two weekends. Did great first trip then not so good last weekend. What were they hitting?

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We fished the main lake most of the day! Did fairly well using jerk baits off the creeks mouths in 8 FOW. The wind got nasty in the afternoon so we hit the bay around 5pm. Got few more big smalls and headed home at 6:30.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I just spent three days up in Northeast last week. We weren't really targeting bass, just whatever would bite the line! Probably caught 4 or 5 bass each morning along with just as many perch. We were just fishing with tubes and grubs in 20 ft of water. Average smallie was probably 2 to 3 lbs with our biggest being 3.9lbs. The perch were huge so that is always a nice bonus. And throw in the occasional 7 lb sheephead(a couple of those a day) and you have a fun few hours everyday on the lake. I didn't take many pics so I'll post them up a little later.

Just a little FYI, those that were targeting the perch were doing very well with minnows in 30 to 45 feet right near the marina.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts