The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I start vacation today. When I get back from the gym this am, my wife and I are heading up to camp. We just put a new floor in and I have to refinish the ceilings and paint the bedrooms. Then we can lay the new carpet and move everything back in. I hope to get all that done today and tomorrow.
Then we are going to Potter County for two days. Gonna do some fishing, looking for bears and just some putsying around. Always love going to Potter.
After that we are flying out early Fri am for Punta Cana. Always a kinda shock, Potter County one day and Punta Cana the next. I'd just as soon stay in Potter the whole time....but gotta keep the wife happy.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Enjoy your vacation! Eleven weeks before my next one. BC for goat, deer, and bear. Hiking like mad to be fit for this one. Post some pics when you get your bear back. GOD bless and safe travels!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Punta Cana is great, stayed at the Melia Caribe Tropical Resort last year, 2nd daughter got married there..... Off the charts fantastic place.. But, McKean Co. still is almost heaven to me !!!!

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big28, Is that blacktail deer??? Sounds like a great hunt. Post some pics of that goat.

Wayne, I agree about McKean County. Lots of trout and bears this spring!!!

Q2, thanks!

Well I got all my work done. Wow was it hot!!!
We cut our trip to Potter one day short and came home. Wife said she had alot to do before we leave. We struck out seeing any bears. Some of the spots where we look are normally money in the bank for seeing them but they did not produce this time. Maybe it was the heat???
We did see a suprising number of deer and boy did they look healthy and BIG to me. Lots of fawns also, almost every doe had at least one. We saw one buck in particular that really stole the show. It was a whopper!!! Even for mid June, it had an incredible amount of development. If somebody is skilled enough to tag that buck, we will see it in pictures somewhere. Undoubtedly the largest I have ever seen for this time of year. I have seen large bucks in that spot before also. Maybe I'll have to spend a little more time there this fall...

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
No it's either whitetail or muledeer. I wish though. If I was hunting lower there is some outfitters that offer the columbia and goat combo. Will post a pic if I get an oppurtunity and shoot straight!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts